Follow these Guidelines to create your banner
- The message in your banner must be in keeping with the Teaching of the Catholic Church.
- Include the name of your parish or organization and in general be a message of praise and worship
Banners May NOT:
- Include a political message or the endorsement of an individual
* The leadership of the Eucharistic Congress Steering committee has the authority to reject a banner that does not conform to the above guidelines.
- Eucharistic Congress Banners come in many shapes, sizes and colors.
Many people will be far away from your banner and in order to make it
readable it should be BIG.
On the day of the Congress
- Banner carriers, please arrive at the assembly point on Tryon Street at 8:30 am on Saturday September 8.
- Banners are part of the procession that follows the Eucharist through the streets of Charlotte into the Convention Center.
- When the Banner representing your Church or organization passes, join the procession!
- Inside the Convention Center only the banners will process down the main aisle. All other participants will be directed to their seats from the side aisles.
Make Your Banner
Banner - 4 feet wide by 6 feet long
Long Pole - 12 feet long
Cross Pole – 4 feet 6 inches
5 Gallon Plastic Bucket
2’ long 2.5” diameter plastic pipe placed in center
Filled to 1/3 with sand, stone or concrete
- Deliver your Banner Stand to Hall A of Convention Center anytime Friday or early Saturday Morning.
- After processions use any available Stand for your Banner
- Remember to take your Banner and Stand with you at the end of the day.